Field Organizers for Democratic Primary Campaigns
Career-minded Field Organizers for Democratic Primary Campaigns
Gain the hands-on experience you need for a career in politics and organizing while working to elect strong Progressives to Congress. Democratic Primary elections are great opportunities prepares you for the General Elections of 2016 -- primed, trained and prepared as a professional.
Field Organizers are responsible for building a grassroots network of volunteers capable of turning out enough voters to deliver the margin of victory within their assigned regions. It is the fundamental skill of setting and meeting goals that you need to prove your ability to make positive change happen!
The best organizers will be chosen to execute the Field Operations for the Campaigns, beginning with comprehensive, seminar training in Field Operations -- and for all aspects of politic campaigns, from some of the best and most experienced talent in progressive organizing.
Responsibilities typically include:
- Recruiting, managing and training volunteers to participate in direct voter contact.
- Meeting and reporting daily and weekly goals in your area to build your team, under the direction of the Field Director and Regional Field Director, and other members of the Campaign team as needed.
- Preparing all canvass and call materials for volunteer activities.
- Representing the campaign at events in the district.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to voters and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Commitment to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced, nonstop work environment.
- Experience working in a multi-ethnic and multi-racial environment is a plus;
- Computer literacy, database skills, and have your own laptop.
- Must have insured vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of voter file software preferred but will train.
Compensation, salary and stipends vary among the campaigns, but will be explained to you for the campaign for which you might be considered. Start dates also vary, and larger races for General Elections in November are also beginning to staff Field Operations.
To apply, please email a resume, brief cover letter, and at least three professional or academic references (references are not contacted until/unless you have a successful interview) to Jobs@DemocracyPartners.com.
Please put your name and “Field Organizer” in the subject line.
Proud of its strong commitment to democratic ideals and inclusion of all persons, especially those from under-represented communities, Democratic Campaigns welcome diversity in all forms and highly values individuals who bring greater diversity to the team, and to our democracy.
Our partners at Digital Turf push the envelope (get it) with years of experience designing various successful print media campaigns for a wide array of clients. Using a combination of bravado and sheer talent, our team is highly specialized in creating stuff like mailers, brochures, business cards and flyers. Check out our work and learn more about our particular brand of awesomeness.