Americans for Tax Fairness, a national campaign of 425 endorsing organizations active on high-profile federal tax reform issues at the national and state levels, is seeking a digital director to implement digital strategies for ATF and with coalition partners and to manage social media (FB and Twitter) and website properties. The digital director will also manage all digital activities conducted by Americans for Tax Fairness Action Fund, a 501(c)(4) (Website, FB and Twitter). (Note: ATF’s e-mail program is managed by a consultant with whom the digital director collaborates.) This is a full-time, exempt position, located in Washington, D.C. offering a competitive salary and benefits.
- Design social media campaigns and conduct rapid response to implement public education and advocacy goals.
- Engage in hands-on, day-to-day management of social media platforms, including curating and drafting of all content.
- Manage web properties, developing and adding new content and overseeing a design/development consultant.
- Develop, write and edit website and social media content; ensure content is consistent in style, quality, message and tone of voice.
- Produce good-quality website graphics, shareable graphics and video content.
- Track and interpret performance metrics for digital campaigns and properties to measure effectiveness.
- Maintain strong relationships with national and state coalition partners and organize joint social media actions with them.
- Work closely with a communications director focused on traditional media, a writer who can help generate website and social media content, and with an e-mail consultant focused on advocacy and fundraising.
- Stay abreast of latest developments in online activism and of legislative developments, media stories and new education materials on tax issues.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of four years of experience in implementing digital strategies, including strategic planning, social media organizing, and website creation/maintenance.
- Demonstrated expertise in some combination of digital content creation (website graphics, shareable graphics, and video production).
- Strong communications skills: writing, editing, and an ability to frame messages and synthesize complex tax issues.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, HTML, CSS, WordPress and Excel.
- Knowledge of CRMs, especially Action Network.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and manage multiple priorities and projects effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Established relationships with digital staff of ATF’s national coalition partners a plus.
Our partners at Digital Turf push the envelope (get it) with years of experience designing various successful print media campaigns for a wide array of clients. Using a combination of bravado and sheer talent, our team is highly specialized in creating stuff like mailers, brochures, business cards and flyers. Check out our work and learn more about our particular brand of awesomeness.