Books by Members of the Democracy Partners Team:
- Arianna Huffington: Using history as his canvas, Mike Lux illustrates how the progressive movement has made America a far better place, and how the conservatives that have opposed progressive change every step of the way have set our country back time and time again. Passionate and personal, The Progressive Revolution is as inspiring as it is informative.
- Tom Daschle: I think the world of Mike Lux, and think he may be one of the best organizers and thinkers we've ever seen in progressive politics and the progressive movement.
- Paul Begala: If you’re a progressive like me, you’ll love Mike Lux’s book. He combines a historian’s sweep with a blogger’s punch. His book is essential reading for all of us who who believe in progressive change.
- Donna Brazile: A history of the on-going battle between those who have fought for equal rights and the common good vs. those who have defended slavery, Jim Crow, and all manner of bad things in the name of preserving tradition is crucial for people to understand. Mike Lux has been a leader in the fight for progressive causes for a long time now, and he tells an important story about the nature of politics in America.
- Senator Richard Durbin (D-Illinois), Senate Democratic Whip: If every activist in America read Listen to Your Mother: Stand Up Straight, we could change our country. This book will help bring on the New Progressive Era. It's that good.
- Ariana Huffington, The Huffington Post Stand up Straight is a one-stop, nuts-and-bolts manual on how to run a winning campaign – and, in the process, return America to its progressive roots. Filled with learned-in-the-trenches lessons, Creamer’s book is a master’s class in electoral politics.
- John Podesta, President and CEO, Center for American Progress and former Chief of Staff to President William J. Clinton Stand Up Straight is a straight up shot in the arm for progressives. Robert Creamer has successfully turned decades of campaign and organizing skills into an essential handbook for understanding political power, activism, and progressive values. Creamer rightly argues that progressives should embrace their core principles and fight for the real political center in American politics today -- issues like universal health care and pre-k, energy independence, redeployment from Iraq, and a return to sane and sensible national security policies..
- Brad Woodhouse, President, Americans United for Change: “Creamer’s book is a one-stop shop for political junkies, from a novice to a know-it-all…While Creamer writes from the progressive Democratic perspective, his chapters on organizing, messaging, demographics and constituency groups comprise a how-to political manual.”
- Studs Terkel: "Citizen Action and the New American Populism offers insights seldom if ever covered on the 6 o'clock news. Somtething really important may be happening down below and this book tells us all about it"
- Congressman Lane Evans:"Harry Boyte, Heather Booth and Steve Max have documented the resurrection of an old idea that is given new life to progressive politics. They have written the seminal account of the most important electoral force since the creation of the corporate PAC."
Our partners at Digital Turf push the envelope (get it) with years of experience designing various successful print media campaigns for a wide array of clients. Using a combination of bravado and sheer talent, our team is highly specialized in creating stuff like mailers, brochures, business cards and flyers. Check out our work and learn more about our particular brand of awesomeness.